Baan and new Oracle features
Using Oracle 8i or 9i and planning to use the new features?
But of course curious if it will work and what the performance aspects are
I am planning to write a document with some of the Oracle 8i or 9i new features like:
- Locally managed tablespaces (vs dictionary managed tablespaces)
- Read only tablespaces
- Resizing tablespaces (automatically, conditional, fixed)
- Temporary tablespaces
- Transportable tablespaces
Oracle File Management
Multiple Block Size
Automated PGA Memory Management
- Segment Space Management
- Reverse key
- Partinioned vs non-partioned
- Bitmap join index
- Rebuilding and Coalescing
Undo data files
Shared server concepts
High Availability concepts
As maybe you already have some experience with any of these I like to hear your comments (private or via this medium). What did you use, why how and what are youre your experiences.
At the moment I have finished my document I will let you know the results.
Thanks in advance,