Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan SIGs > Performance & Tuning

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 22nd March 2006, 08:14

iamdnb is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN IV - DB: SQL Server - OS: Windows NT
Not aable to profile tdsls3102s000

Hi !

I am trying to profile the sesson tdsls3102s000. Even after compiling the session in profiling mode, no output is being generated. The profiling is being done for tdsls3101m000 and tdsls3110s000 i.e. the main session and a sub-session for tdsls3102s000. I have tried to profile the similar session for tdsls4102s000 (Sales order lines) but failed.

Can someone advise me for the same?

Regards
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd March 2006, 21:24
Guru

Dikkie Dik is on a distinguished road
Baan: Triton 3.0 and higher - DB: All - OS: All
Can you give us some hints:
- portingset
- platform
- how you turned on profiling.

Some hints for you:
- on windows the Call Graph Profile puts the file in %BSE_TMP% if PROFILE_DIR is not specified
- if PROF_DIR is specified, but the path is not accesable or doesn't exists at all for that user, you get no output.
- Only portingsets after 2004 (plus minus) do support CGP
- sessions that do not end normally (e.g. stopped by a kill) do not give profile output.

Hope this helps,
Dick
Old 23rd March 2006, 01:29

RieseUSA is on a distinguished road
Baan: n/a - DB: n/a - OS: n/a
First, there is the original profiling when compiling the object in profiling mode and the new call graph profiler with new portingset versions. The original profiling is not supported anymore with new portingset versions.

Second, why are you trying to profile a maintain session? Most time is always going to be spend with user input. The time to process/read/write any data is negligible. If you have a performance problem in a maintain session, then it is usually some database problem and you should look into tracing the database performance, e.g., corrupt indices, etc.

Third, the answer to your question, a profiling report will only be printed when the object correctly ends itself. In the case of tdsls3102s000, when executing the end.program event, the control is switched back to the parent session, which then kills the process of tdsls3102s000 at the end. If you want some profiling output for tdsls3201s000, check the function do.end.program() in tdsls3201 and comment out the choice.again() command. This will result that the session will end itself and the profiling output should be displayed. NOTE: The parent session will not be aware that tdsls3201s000 has ended and when switching back, the session will likely hang.

Yours,
Stephan