Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > General Topics > About Baanboard.com

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 10th December 2005, 05:22
Guru

suhas-mahajan is an unknown quantity at this point
Baan: IV C4 IN3, IN5, IS5, LN - DB: Oracle 8.0.5, 9i, Informix - OS: Win NT, 2K, 2K3, AIX
BB's new quality feature...

Hi,

One suggestion is there, not sure, how much it is difficult.

Everybody knows BaaN has started new release called BaaN LN, seems it is future of BaaN and everybody must curious about to know features, look and feel of LN. But as far as I know, it is intricate to get it because there are separate contracts, etc.

Why not BB has a quality feature, which will allow you take login of BaaN LN through BB and to touch to the LN. May be it is virtual.

In my opinion, if this is incorporated, definitely BB will be more popular and famous in the BaaN community.

Regards,

-Suhas
Old 11th December 2005, 16:49
Guru

Hitesh Shah is on a distinguished road
Baan: triton,Baan IVc4 , ERP Ln - DB: Oracle/Bisam/SQL 2000/SQL 2005 - OS: Sun Solaris/Windows 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas-mahajan
Hi,
But as far as I know, it is intricate to get it because there are separate contracts, etc.
Hi Suhas ,

Not sure what exactly u mean by this . SSA is givng ERP LN CD to existing Baan IV customers on AMC for free. All they charge u is for migrating from Baan IV to ERP Ln. U should be able to work on that software in demo mode as long as u wish to (by changing system date or relicencing) .

I think for Baanboard to get ERP Ln may be difficult than existing Baan customer. Think Board master or any SSA authority is the right person to give an authoritative opinion on this.
Old 12th December 2005, 07:22

deepaksachdeva is on a distinguished road
Baan: B IV c4, ERP Ln 6.1, Webtop - DB: Oracle , MS Sql Server 2000 - OS: IBM AIX 5.3,windows 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas-mahajan
Hi,

One suggestion is there, not sure, how much it is difficult.

Everybody knows BaaN has started new release called BaaN LN, seems it is future of BaaN and everybody must curious about to know features, look and feel of LN. But as far as I know, it is intricate to get it because there are separate contracts, etc.

Why not BB has a quality feature, which will allow you take login of BaaN LN through BB and to touch to the LN. May be it is virtual.

In my opinion, if this is incorporated, definitely BB will be more popular and famous in the BaaN community.

Regards,

-Suhas

Yes hitesh is correct, we had also asked India support to deliver us ERP LN cd with localization, and they had delivered. and we are evaluating it.
you may also contact and get one for u.

Regards
Deepak
Old 12th December 2005, 09:59
Guru

Baan: IV C4 IN3, IN5, IS5, LN - DB: Oracle 8.0.5, 9i, Informix - OS: Win NT, 2K, 2K3, AIX
Ok, may be they have changed their attitude recently.

But don't you like to see BaaN LN *any where* where the internet is? Will it not improve Google searches of BB?

At my place, a small restaurent serves tasty & delicious dosa (like pizza).
But getting it, huge crowd are going to outside of the city and eat it by standing. This is because of maintained quality. Few brands don't require their own ads.

I hope it clarifies.

Regards,

-Suhas
Old 12th December 2005, 10:22

Baan: B IV c4, ERP Ln 6.1, Webtop - DB: Oracle , MS Sql Server 2000 - OS: IBM AIX 5.3,windows 2000
Dear Suhas,

The ERP Software are not like any Burger/ Pizza or Dosas, the person/Board fourm who are going to host these kind of products will require licencing & hosting services, dont u think it will be a tedious job...

I can also understand advertisement and promotions are required to promote any product, that SSA is doing these days.

i hope it is justified.

With BEst Regards
Deepak
Old 12th December 2005, 10:50
Guru

I don't think, wrote some where, ERP is like Burger/Dosas.

Yes, it is tedius job, that I already wrote, if you look my first sentence.

The intention of making this thread was very crystal clear, not to divert it different where.

I hope this should not happen.

Regards,

-Suhas
Old 12th December 2005, 11:16
Board Master

patvdv is on a distinguished road
Baan: n/a - DB: n/a - OS: AIX, HP-UX, Linux
Hi Suhas,

It would be difficult, perhaps not impossible. But for this the ball is in the camp of SSA Global not Baanboard. Baanboard is definatively not going to drive this.

Patrick Van der Veken - Admin & Founder - (c) 2001-2017 baanboard.com/baanforums.com
Old 29th December 2005, 12:09

rs2006 is on a distinguished road
Baan: ssa ln, baan ivc - DB: oracle, sql server - OS: windows all
Exclamation ssa erp ln 6.1

Hi ! deepak

Don't think SSA LN 6.1 with india localisation in 2006 . It is better think of 2007. By that time it may stablise with SP0. That is 2.5 years of the release of SSA LN 6.1. They are way behind the schedule.

Regarding the look it is made JAVA (localisation). Standard product of LN is good. But they messed up with localisation in each and every way.
Old 29th December 2005, 12:19

I know the partner who had developed the Localization, yes i do agree with you that they have developed the interface in J2ee and linked with 4Gl program. lets see, at presently we dont have any plans to upgrade .. but we can consider after 2-3 years.

Deepak
Old 29th December 2005, 13:03

baanbee2006 is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN - DB: ORACLE/SQL - OS: WIN
Please forget LN for 2 years in Indian Conditions

Hi Guys,
There is sad part of LN. LN is very good product in itself but if you r in india please don't think for it atleast 2 years.

Localization is going to be very big minus point for LN in india. Actually, the team who developed the IndiaLocalisation, it seems is not competent enough.

baanbee
Sponsored Links