Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan SIGs > Performance & Tuning

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 20th April 2005, 18:28

delphin is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV - DB: SQL 2000 - OS: XP/Windows 2000
Question Baan and SQL Server

What performance/tuning does Baan do against a SQL server DB?

I am designing some reports on a site with Crystal and the Baan Solution Kit. I am also a SQL server developer, but the first time I have had a chance to work with Baan. The reports seem to be running a lot slower than I expect them to and I asked how often they do any performance tuning on SQL server. I was told that Baan does all of that and they do not need to touch it.

Is this correct? Or will the normal tuning and maintenance still need to be done on SQL server?
Sponsored Links
Old 21st April 2005, 01:51
Guru

avpatil is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc3 - DB: SQL2000 - OS: Win 2003
Baan and SQl SERVER

Hi,
If that report duns slower in Baan then it would be slow in Crytal using Baan driver also. Best option would be to use ODBC driver and you can that report performance will improve by many times. The only limitations is that if you have multiple Baan companies then it will be an issue as in database the tables are specific to a company. But once can do some work around solution to overcome that too. We use crytal in our company also. You can email me at apatil@bogen.com

Arvind Patil