Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Various > Cordys

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 21st July 2004, 10:43
Guru

EdwinvdBorg is on a distinguished road
Baan: 2.2, 3.1, b40, b50, b51, ERP LN FP3, ERP LN FP7, ERP LN 10.2.1 - DB: ALL - OS: ALL
Smile No mud please.

Hi Jeremy,

The same is true for the SSA Global folks. I always find they are telling negative comments / stories around Cordys.
It all depends on who you are talking with so please let's keep the discussions on the contents.
The market place is big enough for everybody to share the pie. SSA Global and Cordys will get their share and Microsoft, the 900 pound gorilla, just a bit more.

Regards,

Edwin
Old 21st July 2004, 12:17

hdruiter is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4 - DB: oracle - OS: nt
Jeremy,

The only reason we are or have negative comments is simply due to the fact that we are not allowed to be a BWU member in the USA anymore due to the fact that SSA is negative about Cordys, why? We protect Baan customers for SSA for moving away from Baan to other ERP systems, this is good I believe.

We would love to use OWX technology to integrate with.
Old 22nd July 2004, 09:11

jeremyjohnson65 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HPUX
Edwin,

no mudding yes, you are right, but I want to react and then let's close the topic. hdrouter was saying that Cordys is not allowed to go to BWU. Last year I was there and sentences like "do you go to gemini or to germany?" didn't help the relationship. In addition, the perception is that SSA does not want to collaborate with Cordys because it is linked to the old Baan management who just failed to make of the company a "continuing" winning story.

You are right when you say that the market is enough for both companies. hopefully I will get the chance to implement both.

Good luck
US
Old 22nd July 2004, 09:48

hdruiter is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4 - DB: oracle - OS: nt
"the perception is that SSA does not want to collaborate with Cordys because it is linked to the old Baan management who just failed to make of the company a "continuing" winning story."

Jeremy, it makes no sence to continue making wrong statements. Jan Baan is the only person within Cordys that is linked to the old Baan management, and he left in the summer of 1997, thats when Baan was at its peak.
Old 22nd July 2004, 13:13

jeremyjohnson65 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HPUX
by "continuing" I was not referring to Jan Baan but the management after him from a middle to a VP level, today at Cordys...
US
Old 23rd July 2004, 09:11

pamillet is on a distinguished road
Baan: B50c - DB: Oracle - OS: Windows/UNIX
Jeremy: " I was not referring to Jan Baan but the management after him from a middle to a VP level, today at Cordys..."

hdruiter: "Jan Baan is the only person within Cordys that is linked to the old Baan management,"

??? one of you is wrong !!!

Perhaps the best on that forum is to propose information you have had directly, not one that a friend of a colleague of an ex who heared a guy from a partner of a cousin of jan baan... as i can do to...

One thing is clear... If you are looking for information on Cordys, you can't find any "legal" or "corporate" information on the web site... only the name of jan baan...

With google you find easily information regarding merge of vanenburg group and cordys, rebranding of guardess to cordys...
But no figures !.... turnover ?, R&D expenses ? employees ? customer ?
Old 9th August 2004, 17:31

dcambrid is on a distinguished road
Baan: Triton 3, Baan IV, Baan V - DB: All - OS: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdruiter
Jeremy, it makes no sence to continue making wrong statements. Jan Baan is the only person within Cordys that is linked to the old Baan management, and he left in the summer of 1997, thats when Baan was at its peak.
Hmmm, that's odd, who was that guy that I met when I first started working with Baan in Jan. 1998 then? He said he was Jan Baan, he looked like Jan Baan, he sounded like Jan Baan. By George, it WAS Jan Baan. If you want to chastise someone about incorrect information, please be certain that you have correct information yourself. Jan was with the company well into the slide. I am pretty certain that it was summer 1998 before he left, but he was definitely there when the downward spiral began.