Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
38%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
38%
Manual into existing VRC
5%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 42

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 19th December 2017, 16:54

garlapati is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan - DB: oracle - OS: Windows
form fields displaying stars as data
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP10 (Infor ERP 10.4)
C/S: None/Unknown

my requirement is to display data from multiple company tables
for that the session starts with a temp table having data from different companies
then before.display.objects : section
i am querying for data from different companies by using ._compnr = :comp.value
the retrieving perfectly in query
but when it comes to display fields it is showing as "*****" on the fields for those different companies except for current company that data is showing fine.
i am clueless as what i causing this & how to deal with it.
The form fields used are direct table fields. i know using form fields it will resolve the issue but users can't filter the records on ming.le if i use form fields rather than table fields
Old 19th December 2017, 17:23

alex.rodionov is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 5.0c, Infor LN fp6,fp7,Infor10.2.0 - DB: MS SQL, Oracle - OS: Microsoft Windows
Hi,
It seems to me that your form contains table fields for those fields that are not a part of the temp table. 4GL standard program tries to find this related data inside the company you started this session and fails.
In this case in the before.display.object section you should use external variables to assign the values returned by your select query to the specific company and on the form you should replace table fields (like tcibd001.dsca whatever) by external variables used in the script.
Can you give a script example to see what is wrong and give any suggestion?
Old 19th December 2017, 17:44

Hello Alex,
thanks for your input. i know using the external variables will resolve the issue but after that records filtering is not possible if i use external variables.
Initially when i started the script that way it worked fine. but next day strangely it showed "****" in place of data. to my confusion i could not understand what went wrong as nothing was changed.
my requirement is to show freight load detail on form.
in before.display.object section
i query fmlbd400.*, fmlbd300.*
strangely & shocking ly fmlbd300 table fields are displaying on form correctly where as fmlbd400 table fields are showing "****""
this is what i have writeen in before.display.object :

select fmlbd400.*,fmlbd300.shpm,fmlbd300.sfad,fmlbd300.stad
from gblbd400,fmlbd400,fmlbd300
where gblbd400._index1 = {:gblbd410.load}
and fmlbd400.lsta = fmfoc.lnst.plnd
and fmlbd400.load refers to gblbd400
and fmlbd300.load refers to fmlbd400
and fmlbd400._compnr = :gblbd410.comp
and fmlbd300._compnr = :gblbd410.comp
as set with 1 rows
selectdo
Old 20th December 2017, 21:18

Baan: Baan 5.0c, Infor LN fp6,fp7,Infor10.2.0 - DB: MS SQL, Oracle - OS: Microsoft Windows
Hi,
From my point of view it is a very strange session behavior that you was able to see any data in grid for records selected from the another company. Most likely that the referenced data was present in the company from which this session was executed.
I would like to add that according to my knowledge and experience even if you will succeed in displaying correct values in your grid it will be impossible to use easy filtering on those values. That is because easy filter values do not filter already selected grid values but they are passed into the session query and executed against RDBMS after that query result is fetched into grid to be displayed. In your session the main table is gblbd410, so 4GL engine will query it and related table fields added to the form (I mean if you have some fields in your main table that reference another tables and you have added those table field to the form design).
Select statement written in the before.display.object section is not a session query and it is impossible to pass any easy filter value in it.

I can suggest only the one way out. gblbd410 table should contain all the fields you wan to see in your result session. This is ugly solution but I can't think of any other way.

I have another one idea about it but i need to know an answer for the following question:
Can you agree that in your design you will have predefined company numbers and company count? It will be possible to change company numbers and quantity but it hould be done by developer (not with the LN standard functionality)
Sponsored Links
Old 21st December 2017, 17:47

Thanks Alex for your inputs
for now i am managing with external form fields & have to see what end users say.

and coming to your question
actually gblbd410 will have company & load and will be a global table
another table will have user, company fields.this will have the list of comp by that user.
and the current developing session will display the load detail by the company assigned to that user. and it will be a display session no actions/ maintenance.
hope this helps
and one more thing i am looking is when i double click it should open another processing overview session with grid and other features as it has. But when i specify it on the current session properties under synchronized dialog it is opening as detail session. how can i handle it without disurbing the opening session view.
Old 22nd December 2017, 10:23

Hello,
Try to use start.synchronized.child function.
You will need to create a detail session and in the before.program section pass correct arguments into start.synchronized.child function depending on the record opened. After this function you should put exit() function to leave this detail session.

something like
before.program:
on case some.filed
case value1:
start.synchronized.child("session1","table1.fiedl1","table2.field1")
break
case value2:
start.synchronized.child("session2","table1.fiedl1","table3.field1")
break
endcase
exit()
Old 27th December 2017, 18:40

oh yeah that's a good idea to handle the double click thru another dummy session to open multi occ session.
Thanks for the input alex