Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Google search

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
36%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
36%
Manual into existing VRC
7%
Manual into new VRC
22%
Total votes: 45

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 17th January 2015, 05:10

hemanttokas is on a distinguished road
Baan: 5 - DB: SQL - OS: Windows
BSE restore
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP9
DB: SQL Server 2008 R2
C/S: Both

Dear Support,

Could you please share any document citing which all folder and files needs to be restored if I am planning to restore application from a backed up BSE from another server. I have complete BSE backup and detached SQL data Base.

Regards
Sponsored Links
Old 17th January 2015, 09:20
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
Hi,

Yes, there is a document for moving BSE from one server to another. Just go to InforXtreme and search for the same in Documentation as I am not sure about the document code.

Also, some basic things to check are- (if its Windows)

1. Check the permissions for $BSE, $BSE\bin, $BSE\tmp folders.
2. Check if everything is fine in $BSE\lib\ipc_info file
3. Basically, there are a set of files you need to back up from old BSE to new BSE before overwriting which you will find in that document.

I am assuming both the Servers have identical environment, similar installation directories, new environment has proper SLM installed, Same types of databases, same users. Also, make sure you backup and restore the databases too in order to sync the systems.

If you don't have to sync the databases, you will need to backup some files like tabledef6.2 etc.

I will suggest you to go with the standard document. Its easy if you go following all the necessary steps.

Here are some threads-

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!
Old 27th October 2017, 11:35

gruvi_navy is on a distinguished road
Baan: 10.4 - DB: SQL - OS: Windows Server 2012
restore BSE and database

Hi all,

Could you please share any documentation while we want restore application from backed up BSE and complete database? we use SQL Server.

Regards,
Fandhi
Old 27th October 2017, 11:55
Guru

bdittmar will become famous soon enough
Baan: 2.2/3.1/4c4/LN6.1 FP6/FP9/HiDox - DB: tbase, ms-sql7, oracle10gV1, 11g - OS: HP-UX, W2K3, SLES
Don't share !

Hello,
don't share Copyright protected documentation here.

Use your Infor Extreme Account and search / download the suggested documents by your own.

Regards