Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 9th August 2017, 21:12

pbenven is on a distinguished road
Baan: mk 8.5 and 8.1 - DB: BISAM - OS: HP-UX
Subsequent reports "shifting" after \El0s (simplex) escape sequence
Baan: Baan IVc4
C/S: None/Unknown

My company wants to be able to batch print production orders on both sides of the paper while keeping the Material List et al on separate sheets.

I am able to accomplish the initial duplexing by adding a dummy field ("", type tcmcs.str1) set to use "User Font 15" to the before.report layout section of the production order report. I have "pfont15=\E&l1S," in my printer driver file. This works a treat.

In order for the Material List report to come out simplex, I added a similar "User Font 16" dummy field to the after.report section of the Production Order and added pfont16=\E&l0S to the driver file.

This has the desired effect except that the subsequent reports (i.e Material List et al) are not starting at the top of the new page. For each production order in the batch, the associated Material List reports print further and further down the page.

Is there something I can add to the pfont16 sequence to set things back to normal?
Old 10th August 2017, 02:45
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
We do unix level printing - so what we did was just create a printer with dup on the end with a different print driver. So if you printed to printer123 - you got single sided. If you print to printer123_dup you got a double sided report. Then the user had the option to print any report duplex or single sided. Now - not many users picked duplex printing but it was available for any report. The init and reset strings had the escape commands in them. Then we did not have to change reports or anything like that.
initpr=\EE\E&l1S\E&l2a66F\E(12U\E(s10H\E&l5H\E(s0p10h0s0b4099T\E&k11.6H,
resetpr=\E&l0S\E(s10H\E&l5H\E(s0p10h0s0b4099T\E&k11.6H,

PS - Now a days all our printers are pre-set with duplex printing.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 10th August 2017, 16:36

Thanks Mark.

We also do unix level printing and I am able to set up printer drivers to print duplex - that's not really my challenge.

The issue is that we send batches of production orders to be printed. Doing so on a "print-job level" duplex would cause certain subsequent production orders to begin being printed on the backside of those prior - obviously not acceptable.

More specifically, when we print production orders, we ask for the accompanying material issue note as well as the material list to also be printed. Ideally, these would be printed on their own, separate sheets of paper.

So, my desired outcome is: duplex on; print production order; duplex off; print material issue note; print material list; duplex on...

I have been able to accomplish this. The problem is that my "duplex off" command is screwing something up that is causing the issue note and material list to not print at the top of their respective pages. Each subsequent issue note and material list prints further down, too.

I have tried copying your resetpr value to that of pfont16, but I get the same result.
Old 10th August 2017, 18:26

Rather unpalatable "solution" - I placed another User Font 16 at the top of the Material List report as well as at the end of the Routing. This eliminated the shifting.

Of course I had concerns of what would happen if one chose not to print the Material list, but strangely, printing the routing without any other accompanying report does not cause shifting.
Old 10th August 2017, 19:37
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Yeah - we don't print batches like that and I was thinking you wanted it all duplex. The my next question was going to be if you did this by adding layouts or just including the on and off in an existing layout. But glad you found a solution.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Sponsored Links