Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 19th January 2017, 15:08
Guru

VishalMistry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Baan: Baan IV, ERPLn - DB: SQL Server 2000 / 2008 - OS: Windows Server 2003 / 2008
Wink 3gl session taking too much time
Baan: Baan IVc4
C/S: Both

This is regarding Baan IVc4.

Hello everyone,

I have created a 3gl session and I am displaying check box for every item group and label object for every item group desc in row column object (DsCrowcolumn).

Also there are two command buttons, "Count" and "Exit". when user selects checkbox of different item group and clicks on Count button, system displays a message showing number of item groups selected.

The ID of every check box created is stored in an array and later on checked if it is selected or not.

The problem is, it is taking too much time to display a message (more than 3 minutes).

I am attaching script for reference. If anybody can have a look and spot the problem.

Vishal
Attached Files
File Type: cln 3gltest.cln (3.8 KB, 29 views)
Old 19th January 2017, 19:32
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Debug it - I had to make one change to the code, but it works really well on our test system. It comes up with our item groups - I can click all of them and it takes 2 -3 seconds to pop up the message. I had to add a switch.to.company before the db.nr.rows. But without that it was trying to count in company 000. Now we only have 22 item groups.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 24th January 2017, 12:01
Guru

Baan: Baan IV, ERPLn - DB: SQL Server 2000 / 2008 - OS: Windows Server 2003 / 2008
Hi Mark,

I tried doing switch.to.company() but there is no improvement.

I also tried to debug the code. One thing I found while debugging is that while trying to check the value of check box (see if it is selected or not) using get.object is taking a bit more time.

Anyone else faced similar issue ? Please help.

Vishal
Old 24th January 2017, 13:18
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
I went back and debugged it - every part seems to run nicely, even the get object. I am also running on UNIX platform. We are on like SP33 - not sure any of that helps or not.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Sponsored Links
Old 24th January 2017, 17:18
Guru

We are on service pack 32 and OS is Windows

Vishal
Old 28th January 2017, 01:32
Guru

shah_bs is on a distinguished road
Baan: BAAN IVc3 with A&D2.2b - DB: ORACLE 9 - OS: HPUX
Recompile in profiler mode and check which function is consuming the most time. It will help if you move the user interface related code to their own functions and the data fetch code to their own functions. That way it will be easier to separate which code is using the most time. After that analysis, you can decide the next steps.

I cannot be sure (since I have never used the DsC functions), but I suspect that one of the DsC functions in your particular installation is consuming time. I do not believe the select statements would be the cause of the performance issue. If I am right, and since this seems to be your own session, I would recommend to just use standard BAAN 4GL session and code.

Last edited by shah_bs : 28th January 2017 at 02:26.