Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 15th November 2010, 18:26
Guru

jclju1 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV, Baan 5.0c, SSA ERP LN 6.1 - DB: bisam, Oracle, Informix, Sql Server - OS: Unix (all), Windows
Import data from non unicode into unicode database
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP6
DB: Oracle 11gR2
C/S: None/Unknown

Hi all.

I am trying to import company data from non unicode ERP LN into unicode ERP LN. On many tables I am getting error "skipped corrupt record" which is caused by having high ASCII characters in single byte fields.

Does anybody have an idea how to import such data? I checked bdbpost options and find out that there is option -H "Do not allow high ASCII bytes in single byte fields" but I need oposite possibility. I tried with "Disable domain constraints" but without success.

I know that data in the RDBMS must not contain high ASCII characters in single-byte fields but I want to import data somehow into ERP LN and after that I will try to find a way how to correct my data.

Thanks and regards.
Old 15th November 2010, 20:49
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: iBaanERP-5.2a(Reger),SSA-ERP-LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle-10g,11g,12c,MS-SQL - OS: HP-UX, Linux, Windows
Refer to the new Admin Guide 8.5 or later one.
Quote:
High Ascii Tolerance
Important!
The following only applies to ERP LN environments that do not run in Unicode
mode.
You must set the high_ascii_tolerance resource to 0 in the following situations:
▪ If your ERP LN environment is a production environment and you plan to
convert the environment to Unicode.
▪ If your ERP LN environment is a development environment and you plan
to deliver software components or translations. If high_ascii_tolerance is
not set to 0, problems will occur when the delivered components are
imported in Unicode environments.
To set high_ascii_tolerance to 0, add the following line in
the $BSE/lib/defaults/all file:
high_ascii_tolerance:0
Also refer to the latest tools patches -
Quote:
SolutionID 227232
CreatedBy Kapteijns,Ad
CreatedOn 2008-01-31
ModifiedBy Wal,Geert van der
ModifiedOn 2008-02-06 VerifiedBy
VerifiedOn
StatusDescription
Published TypeDescription
QR: Error Standard Software

Solution Description
English Illegal characters removed before unicode conversion.
TOOLS VERSION(S): 7.6_a3, 7.6_a4

SITUATION IDENTIFIED IN:
"Remove high ASCII characters" (ttcor0008m000)

SITUATION DESCRIPTION:
During a Unicode conversion illegal (high ASCII) characters were encountered in the tools tables which were delivered with ERP LN.

SOLUTION DESCRIPTION:
Session Remove high ASCII characters (ttcor0008m000) is introduced. This session replaces high ASCII characters in Tools tables of ERP LN.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
Unicode know issues and points of attention

--- High_Ascii issues; error 205 NOHI ---

In ERP LN 6.1 Unicode environments it is by default not supported to have high-ascii characters in single byte strings.

In various situations you can be confronted with situations where you receive software or data which does not comply to this rule. This will result in 205 error NOHI
205 ENOTINRANGE - XXXXXXXX

The NOHI error is a special case error. This error can occur in Unicode environments and environments where high_ascii_tolerence=0
The error is an indication that a character above 0x7F is stored in a single byte field. Storage of these high ascii characters in single byte fields is in these cases not allowed because it's encoding is ambiguous and depends on the locale.
Old 25th January 2017, 03:19

sikima is on a distinguished road
Baan: 1.0 - LN - DB: Oracle, SQL Server - OS: Unix, Windows
Hello,

my problem is related to KB 1011165 (error 520) due to single byte environment has different setup for CLEN (it is in domain definition file).

In example, domain tcdsca (multibyte) has CLEN 120 but in singlebyte, it is CLEN = 30.
As solution, Infor recommended to change all domain files (*.pd) for multibyte string to match new definition.

Here is my understanding what it should be done but ...

First step is to export data from production (I can setup ASCII_tolerance:0 inside BSE instead of global variable - it is production and I don't want introduce some new global parameters).

On LN 10.5 side, I can build data dictionary environment from FP5 (required for data upgrade engine). As I understand, I have to write script to go through pd file, find multibyte string and replace CLEN = 4x PLEN.

Once it is completed, run import program

Do I missing something in process or is it any better way to do it ...?

I cannot believe that I am first in Baan world doing it

Alex
Old 26th January 2017, 05:03
Guru

Baan: iBaanERP-5.2a(Reger),SSA-ERP-LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle-10g,11g,12c,MS-SQL - OS: HP-UX, Linux, Windows
Quote:
As solution, Infor recommended to change all domain files (*.pd) for multibyte string to match new definition.
On LN 10.5 side, I can build data dictionary environment from FP5 (required for data upgrade engine). As I understand, I have to write script to go through pd file, find multibyte string and replace CLEN = 4x PLEN.
You can write a shell script and do it.
Quote:
(I can setup ASCII_tolerance:0 inside BSE instead of global variable - it is production and I don't want introduce some new global parameters).
I'm not sure what does that mean by inside BSE?

Also refer to -
Quote:
Infor Enterprise Server Technical Guide for Unicode Conversion
Publication Information
Release: 10.4
Publication Date: December 9, 2014
Document Code: U8887H US
Quote:
I cannot believe that I am first in Baan world doing it
Sadly, you might not be the first person to do it
Sponsored Links
Old 26th January 2017, 16:21

sikima is on a distinguished road
Baan: 1.0 - LN - DB: Oracle, SQL Server - OS: Unix, Windows
I wrote small script to read domain files (*.pd) and find 'PLEN' and replace 'CLEN' with 4xPLEN. In addition, I have copied DD from FP5 b61au (standard update) to new environment and run update for a few tables. I think I got correct result (at least no errors in event viewer). In coming days, I am going export data from production and try to update new environment.

As for setup environmental variables, I am usually set to user level (-- -set xxxx) inside BECS (not BSE) before I put on global level.

As for Unicode conversion, I have tried with some test environment - it is so dangerous doing that I cannot believe that somebody is brave enough to perform it before updating resume

If any issue in this process, I am going let you know ...

Alex
Old 26th January 2017, 17:20
Guru

Quote:
As for Unicode conversion, I have tried with some test environment - it is so dangerous doing that I cannot believe that somebody is brave enough to perform it before updating resume
No one updates their resume that they tried to go to Moon or were on failed Apollo missions but they went to Moon or were on Apollo-13