Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 16th January 2017, 17:25

JackDRip2006 is on a distinguished road
Baan: SSA Ln 6.1 - DB: Oracle 11g 64bit - OS: AIX 6.1
Corrupted Data Dictionary Error 512 after DB restoration
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP2
DB: Oracle 11gR1
C/S: Server

After restoring Backup Orable Db from Production Server to Test Server, We encounter "Corrupted Data Dictionary (512) when opening Sales Order session. But other sessions worked.

We tried to restore the backup of $BSE from Production SErver but to no avail, the problem still persist.

Can somebody help?
Sponsored Links
Old 16th January 2017, 19:06
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
We typically only do the database when we create the test company. We are also only on 4c4 so not sure how relevant this might be. But we copy the database and run a company renumber on the data. At this point if I was in your spot I would get the system administrator to force a create-runtime-data dictionary on everything - you might be able to get away with running some specific sales tables, or maybe all of the sales modules. And don't forget if you are in the system when they do this. log out and back in once it gets finished.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 18th January 2017, 01:46
Guru

mig28mx is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc4 - DB: Oracle 9i, Oracle10g - OS: HP Unix 11, Intel RedHat ES
Customizaton not installed.

Hi,
In my case, I have seen this error when I copy data from production to develop, and there is differences between tables on both environments. If this is the case, you need to copy the definition from one environment to the another and reload the data.

Your dba can help to identify if there is diferences between both environments and even create the necesarly fields.

I prefeer to export the table definition from the production server and install on the test server. If this is the case, be sure that this change will not affect any other development on your test server.

Hope this helps.
Old 19th January 2017, 08:42
Guru

Ajesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HP-Unix
Yes, as mentioned above the Data Dictionary for the both environments vary. So you will need to sync both the environments.