Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 18th December 2009, 23:09

smi4975 is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV,ERP,LN - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
Unhappy Check printing
Baan: Baan IVc4
C/S: Both

Hello,
We are using the standard session - tfcmg1260s000 (Tansfer payment) to print our checks.
I have the following queries:
1. Till now we were using the Inkjet printer to print the checks and the size of the paper being used was 81/2 * 6. Attached is the report setup of the same.
2. Now we are switching over to a letter size paper. The only difference in the new pre-printed stationary is the payment record part after the check which is almost 24 lines in length.
3. we created a new paper type with size 81/2 * 11 and defined the font type for the same as width 94 and length 66.
4. No other change has been done to the report.
5. When a batch with invoice lines < 6 is printed we get the report output correctly. The details are printed and then the main check.
6. But if the invoice line exceed 6 then as per the existing setup only the firt page prints correctly - by voiding the check but the subsequent pages are all messed up.

I tried changing the page length on the report , margin, increasing the footer size , adding new footer etc...but nothing seems to work.

Can someone help me out with this. I have literally tried everything possible except for altering the report script.

Also the same if i try to redirect to a windows printer and then print it on the pre-printed stationary without any changes it works fine.

could you explain what is that i'm missing?
Attached are the screen shots of the report layout setup,and the check format.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg report.JPG (147.8 KB, 68 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf format2.pdf (104.4 KB, 44 views)
Old 21st December 2009, 14:25
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
What happens when it goes to the second page? Do you get creeping down the page to where it starts crossing page boundaries? I do not think you are missing anything it is just a matter of getting all of them aligned. When I look at the format there I see page length of 42 with a footer of 29 - why not -1 for the page length and footer length? I thought the page length included footer - which makes your total 71?

Don't really know a whole lot about the session, but your total lines printed need to match 66. Something else I also do is check formfeed on all our printers. Way back in 99(at conversion time) I found some baan reports did not have 66 lines(some less and some more) - they tended to get ugly after the first page. I checked this on the device and most worked fine after that.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:38

smi4975 is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV,ERP,LN - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
Guess what??? The form feed option works fine. I really don't know what is the logic...B'cos as u suggested i did the page lenght as -1 and the footer to be 29 but it still did not work. I was having problems while rolling over to the second page...since the paper type is not a form feed i did not check it...but as per your trial i checked it and tried and it worked fine!!

Thank you so much. Was a good learning though...
Old 21st December 2009, 20:33
Guru

Yeah - but now neither one of us knows why it worked in your case. On some of the baan reports everything looked fine on the report, but we got that page creep issue. Checking that little box solved my problem and yours, but a mystery as to why.

I also just remembered that in our case we had the same type printer at 2 different sites - one worked and one didn't with the standard report. The magic formfeed box solved the problem.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 11th November 2016, 11:08

raghuvirk20 is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.3 - DB: Oracle - OS: Window
Hi All,
how to write a logic for printing a below report
(converts the decimal number into the word format)

ex --> 1009.70 in words --> "ONE THOUSAND NINE DIRHAMS AND 70/100 ONLY"

Please any on can help me on this.

Thanks,
Raghuvir
Old 11th November 2016, 12:14

srprks is on a distinguished road
Baan: 10.4,Baan IV - DB: Oracle,SQL - OS: Unix,Windows
Hi,

You can do one thing convert your value to string and then find out how many chars after decimal point.
Then do like if 1 char then no/10 if 2 char then no/100 if 3 char then no/1000

If I do like this then..
Soumya
Old 11th November 2016, 13:37
Guru

You can see this thread http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/s...ad.php?t=69432 and you can search the board for options to convert numbers.

GO Cards!

Old 12th November 2016, 12:22

Not able to remove the colon from the report.

Hi All,

How i can remove the colon from the report. But colon is created as Label report field. So that is the reason , i am not able to remove the colon from the report.

Any one can help me on this.

Best Regard
Raghuvir
Old 14th November 2016, 00:00
Guru

Not sure I get the question. If this is a label on the report - then delete the label, type in a label without the colon. If this is being generated in a string field that you are printing then just use substrings to remove the colon. Maybe a screen shot would show us what you are talking about.

GO Cards!

Old 14th November 2016, 07:35
Guru

Ajesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HP-Unix
Just put the cursor on the Report Label and then perform Delete Field.
Old 24th November 2016, 08:01

Hi All,

I have already created PMC solution for customized check report. and the customized report is also reflected in Test Server. But when I am printing the report, the previous report is only printing on TEST Server.
(Note : Everything is there in the report. Just we add a labels & running the scripts. so i have already added the report along with the labels)

any one can give me the advice , what is the reason behind of it.

Thanks,
Raghuvir
Old 24th November 2016, 09:35
Guru

Ajesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HP-Unix
Have you compiled the New Report Definition?
Sponsored Links