Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 27th October 2016, 12:43

smusba is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 1V - DB: Oracle 9i - OS: Windows xp
Adding previous value with new value
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP6
C/S: Client

Dear,

I want to do adding calculation from a previous value with the new value.
For example : line# 2 has value 'X' and line#1 has a value 'Y' I want to add both 'X' and 'Y' for more no of lines. How to program the script for this issue?
PHP Code:
Value       Pr.Value Value                        Final value
1                          1                                           1
3                          4                                           1
5                          9                                           4 

6                         15                                          9 
.......so on 
Old 27th October 2016, 14:42
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
I guess I am not sure why you are doing something like this. I mean you just need to keep track of the last number. So if you are updating a table, find the records you want. Step thru them 1 at time, on the first record set something like oldvalue to the first record value, from then on make oldvalue = to new value + oldvalue. Write the records out.

Maybe if you explain what exactly you are trying to accomplish someone has a better idea on for a solution.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 27th October 2016, 15:03
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
Mark, it can be used for various purposes e.g. in YTD calculations where you want to show remaining balance after every transaction line.

For that, you can use report script. Store final value in a variable x. Add that to your report layout. Now, in the before.layout section of the layout you are using do curr.value+x(assuming curr.value holds the current value)

In your case it will be -

Say your layout is detail.1 and your value is X. You will do this -

Code:
detail.1:
before.layout:

final.value = final.value + X | X will be your first column and final.value will be printed as second column

Not much of a work.

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!
Old 27th October 2016, 15:06
Guru

Ajesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HP-Unix
i didnt even understand the pattern.It looks like some distorted version of Fibonacci..
Old 27th October 2016, 16:17
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajesh View Post
i didnt even understand the pattern.It looks like some distorted version of Fibonacci..
They are just values from some table. Though if interested, here are the algorithms which define the two sequences -

For Value Column and For Final Value Column

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!
Old 27th October 2016, 23:03
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushanchanda View Post
Mark, it can be used for various purposes e.g. in YTD calculations where you want to show remaining balance after every transaction line.
Correct - but the final solution will vary if (a) they are doing it in a table wanting to update, (b) want to do it in a form (c) doing it in a report. The calculation can be simple like you showed - and I believe it is for all 3 solutions. Just a little different on where you do the calculation. Now if they give us more details that "being simple" could become complicated.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Sponsored Links