Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan SIGs > Performance & Tuning

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 12th June 2014, 21:32

dkulikow is on a distinguished road
Printing Slowness
Baan: Baan IVc4
DB: SQL Server 2008 R2
C/S: None/Unknown

Hi,

I've read different threads on performance issues, but I'm not stumbling on anything like we are experience. Wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

At approximately 4:30 AM Saturday morning, our job scheduler jobs ran longer than usual. It seems to be print sessions and sessions that process and print (i.e. Direct Communicate). We have gone from minutes to hours.

We run these jobs on a separate PC where nothing else is running on it. I ran a couple of jobs on my PC this morning and it took equally as long. I haven't tried them all manually yet, but that is one of my next thoughts. We haven't loaded any new service packs or porting sets.

The only recent change is a change to the switch Baan is running on. I was told there were no issues with this switch and the issue had to be with the Baan app server or database. Both reside on the switch and aside from the link to the SLM server, we are not supposed to have anything else on the switch that could be causing any sort of network issues. Also, recent changes to DNS were made. Again, sys admin's are reporting that this should have no issues with the Baan system and/or job scheduler.

On Tuesday, we rebooted the database and app servers, as well as, the printer server. Just to refresh everything. We still have the same issues.

If anyone has had this specific issue, I'd love to understand what the issues were causing it.

Thanks in advance,
Dkulikow
Old 13th June 2015, 17:21

smusba is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 1V - DB: Oracle 9i - OS: Windows xp
Do You have problem only with this report?
Old 13th June 2015, 18:04
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
Hi,

Have you checked your temp folder? Check if it is not full. Also one way to check the perforance is to use Profiler. That will give you an idea about how much time is consumed by each function in your script and the standard perocesses like print spooler etc.

Also, try printing the report for a smaller range to verify if there is no permission issue.

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!
Sponsored Links
Old 13th June 2015, 19:19

smusba is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 1V - DB: Oracle 9i - OS: Windows xp
Also you can recheck and if possible recreate indexing for these table. I had the similar issue for Release Outbound Advice once I recreated and repair the indices and restarted the server it was excellent. Also Bhushan advioce is very effective.
Old 15th June 2015, 16:48
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Personally if there were no baan changes, or changes on the servers - then I would get the network group involved and tracing thru the switch and out to the printer. To me it is obvious they changed something - be it DNS or the switch itself that caused the issue.

What about a simple windows print not involving baan at all? What about pings to print severs or printers?

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.