Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Open World, Portal & Decision Manager

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 9th February 2012, 07:04

Keyur N is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV - DB: Sql - OS: Windows
How can I use Baan webservices
Baan: ERP LN 6.1

Hi

How can I access Baan from .net web application using web services?

What I will require to connect Baan using webservices from asp.net?

I want to fetch the data from Baan using asp.net what I need to do? Is Baan provides any web services so I will consume that and use that?
Old 9th February 2012, 23:15

fmathias is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN FP7 - DB: MS SQL - OS: Win7
I think in BaanIV this was done using the OpenWorld adapters. I think there was a webcast from Infor which you could probably download. I guess this approach requires additional licenses. But I am not sure, I've never used that.

In LN it's done using the c4ws extensions. If you would like I can provide more information on that.

You could also consider a kind of workaround. Write a webservice (probably using WCF) yourself which in the background utilizes the AFS functionality of Baan.
Old 10th February 2012, 06:01

Hi

Thanks for reply I googling from couple of days and i not getting any output.

Can you please give more information on LN which you said I can use c4ws extensions.
And if you have idea about AFS functionality then please share with me.

I know wcf services Butno idea about AFS functionality.I want to fetch data from Baan.

my email : narkhik@gmail.com

Plese share more details.

Waiting for your reply.
Old 14th February 2012, 21:09

fmathias is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN FP7 - DB: MS SQL - OS: Win7
Hi,

Can you provide some more detail on what you are trying to do?

If you simply want to fetch data you could also connect to the database directly and use sql to fetch the data.
The disadvantage being that the permission system included in baan won't take effect.
But the advantage is that you get more speed as if you used webservices.

AFS is some kind of remote control for Baan sessions.
This can be used either within baan (one baan session controlling one or more other baan sessions) (I can send you an example if you want)
Or from outside Baan using a win32com client. (I don't have an example for that at hand)

This is suited to manipulate data, but not so much for reading.
I think there is quite a bit of information regarding AFS on this board.

As for the c4ws extension.
If you simply want to consume existing webservices you'll need the Adapter for ERP LN licensed (product id 7056)
If you want to develop your own webservices you'll need to have a license for the Business Studio / Enterprise Studio (I think that is product id 10146)

The Business Studio has some documentation/help included that will explain how to develop your own BDEs. (although it lacks a step-by-step tutorial)
I am not sure what's the policy from Infor regarding spreading information about BDE development.
I was at a training last year at a partner company from Infor and they told me that they aren't allowed to teach it.
So it seems to be some kind of black-magic / exclusive consulters knowledge.

That said, I was able to develop my own BDEs solely relaying on the included Business Studio documentation and might be able to give you some pointers to get started.

Regards,
Mathias
Old 15th February 2012, 06:08

Hi Mathias

Thanks for giving me a more details.Its helpful for me to go ahead one step.For now I want to fetch the data like product information,sales information like that.

So I need to use existing web services,so i will consume that using .net and display data in my application.

So from you reply I need to use Adapter for ERP LN.Can you please tell me more information on this.where i get enough information for using this.

Thanks once again for your reply

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 16:18

Felipe_Saavedra is on a distinguished road
Expose a webservice with Baan

Hi

We ahave a connectivity tool that allows you to expose Baan transactions as a webservice.

Any application using .net like in your case asp.net could use the webservices. Actually any appllication that can call a webservice will be able to connect to the Baan information. It coul not only read, but also update properly within Baan.

In order to uypdate properly is important to execute programs taht follow the Baan logic completelly such as AFS or Function servers.

Note on AFS presentation (In Spanish, sorry) is Attached, however you could follow up the screenshoots.

Let me know if you need adittional information.

Felipe Saavedra
Attached Files
File Type: ppt AFS_Presentacion.ppt (609.5 KB, 477 views)
Old 16th February 2012, 06:09

Hi Felipe

Thanks for the information.For now what i want,I need to fetch the data like product information,sales information etc.

I am using .net web application.So I need to call baan webservice.How can i achieve this.Or what i need to do to call Baan from my .net application.Please give me an example

Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 23:00

webservices

To call a webservice from .net; in your case asp.net or any other .net language; or any other webservice calling application. You will need a communications application that receives your webservice call request, process it and provide you with the resulting information.
In our case we have a product that we commercialize to accomplish it. Inside that product you will be able to define your webservice call within Baan.
Once your webservice call is defined within Baan then you can call it from your webservice.
A small sample of the webservice call definition side in Baan is attached, I don’t know if you are familiar with Baan development. The xsi…. Commands are a new set of commands part of the product to facilitate creating webservices in Baan.
If you are still interested, send me an email.
Felipe Saavedra
Attached Files
File Type: pdf webservice_def.pdf (170.0 KB, 730 views)
Old 21st February 2012, 12:43

Thanks for reply and giving me an example.That means I need to develop an intefrace for sending and receive webservice call.I have no idea of baan developement

Please provide me an more details

my email : narkhik@gmail.com

thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 17:06
Guru

lbencic will become famous soon enough
Baan: 2.2d - LN - DB: most - OS: most
The discussion covers a lot of ground.
You can refer to the Connector for Web Services documentation on the Infor support site. This is the c4ws connection they mention below. It's true that they are proprietary documents, does your client have full Infor Support? Connector runs on Tomcat and requires Baan Licensing, it does the talking into Baan for you, but I am not sure if there are additional costs. There may not be depending on your client's agreements already.
The Connector for Web Services exposes the WSDL you can use in .NET applications for Baan IV BOI's or LN BDE's. Baan IV BOI's are the AFS/session emulators they are speaking of. Are you developing in Baan IV or LN?
There are many pre written transactions, queries and full processes, for both Baan IV and LN, but support, documentation, and actual functionality can be spotty, technology is changing constantly, it's best to know how to develop your own to at least supplement the standards. This can be difficult without an extensive Baan background, but AFS coding is not the worst and is fairly well documented.
Old 16th April 2012, 19:13

sutty4163 is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4 - DB: oracle - OS: sun
Hi, we have dll functions added to the baan server to read and write orders back into the baan system. I need to 'call' them from an asp.net web application and display the results on a web page (some of the functions return values.) How do i write code in vb.net to connect to these functions?
Thanks,
S
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd April 2012, 16:07

You have currently a Baan dll and your vb.net program and what to connect them.
You need a middleware to handle that piece. The middleware will allow you to send and receive data via the 2 components. The middleware or connector will be the one doing the task of a dispatcher or router. In the case of our middleware it allows you to create code that exposes your Baan dll as a web service. On vb.net side you can write web services calls.
If you need more specific information, send me and email or your skype and I can contact you. Please keep in mind that our middleware is a comercial product.
Old 27th September 2017, 12:29

kalyan.dunuku is on a distinguished road
Baan: 10.3 - DB: oracle - OS: Windows
Hi,
I am new to LN Studio could you help me to write web-services from LN studio to connect BaaN. Please send any related script/Java code to connect it.