This is a bit of an old one, but I would like to express my thanks to all who posted their tips. Here are a couple of my own:
- Printing multi-page reports showed an incorrect offset on page length. At the top of the OVL file, I changed the margin value to 2 - so "4d2E" instead of "4d1E".
- My Canon IR's did not require me to modify the end of the OVL files.
- I had to create new MK printers and new UNIX queues so that the 2 would match (thanks norwim).
- I learned (the hard way) to flush the PCL portion of the printer's hard disk in between tests. Good way to lose your mind, that.
- Since I am using MK, "run.prog" and subsequently "RP_WAIT" are not available, so I used "shell" instead:
domain tcmcs.long p.ret.c
domain tcmcs.str128 p.command.c
p.command.c = "-d"
& " -oraw -s "
p.ret.c = shell(