When I've got similar requirement at one of the Customer Site, this is how I've helped them.
1) Create an Item in Items-General with the required details (The Description can be anything - May be you can also create different items per department as suggested by erplncons)
2) Select this item when you're creating the Purchase Requisition Line (Maintain the Requisition Line "Text" with the Actual Item Description)
3) Submit, Approve & Convert the Requisition to Purchase Order
4) On the Purchase Order Line, you can view the Requisition Line Text that you've maintained earlier
5) To avoid printing the Item Description from the Item Master (which could be a generic description), remove the "Standard Description" checkbox in the Purchase Order Line. Using this, the Item description from the Item General won't be printed anymore on the Purchase Order Document, and the Order Line Text would be printed near to that - which you can customize to meet your layout requirements
Do not hesitate to reach me out if you still have concerns.
Sasi Kanth V
Infor ERP LN Solution Architect
Reach Me Out on LinkedIn
| Never Miss an Update from LN Campus