View Single Post
Old 11th July 2002, 19:51
Guru

Francesco is on a distinguished road
Baan: 5b - DB: Oracle - OS: Solaris
Unfortunately we are stuck in our current porting set, which is a different story and I believe I ranted about that already in another thread.

I agree, the fact that it is limited to some sessions is suspicious.

This morning I was being hammered again with this error. I am in the process of creating a variety of dbslogs (again, just for the heck of it), and while doing so, I noticed that the session I am logging (tisfc0101s000, production orders), is reading half the DD as it is loading.

This is something I didn't consider, I thought entering a production order would be a relative simple, or isolated, task.

Now NPRao mentioned in pm that he had seen something similar with a bad file in the DD.
I discarded this possibility because it didn't match the fact that it happens only to certain users.

however, now seeing how much of the DD this session uses, I am focussing my attention in that direction again.
What's more, as I mentioned, bouncing the app seems to have a positive effect.

*drumroll*

Could it be that this is a result of corrupted shared memory? But then again, that does not explain why the problem comes and goes without restarting Baan.

My head...your wall...let's get it on.

Francesco

Admiral Business Solutions | My World | Baan Board | IT Happens!

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" -- George Patton
"It's easy to cry 'bug' when the truth is that you've got a complex system and sometimes it takes a while to get all the components to co-exist peacefully." -- Doug Vargas