View Single Post
  #1  
Old 8th December 2005, 22:06
tuple9i's Avatar
tuple9i tuple9i is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 36
tuple9i is on a distinguished road
Baan: 5c - DB: Oracle - OS: Win/*nix
Unhappy Help - Lost table data during reorganization

Ran into a bit of a problem. I have been playing with the TTAAD4225M000 session to reorganize various tables. The first set were tables that showed chaining and then I went to another set of tables with empty_blocks=0. The first set of tables reorganized perfectly. Problem:

when I did the first table in the set that showed empty_blocks=0 (Number of never used blocks in the table), the reorg process appeared to go well. It produced the R.{tablename} file, reorged the table and the R.{tablename} file released. Well, when I checked the table, it appears that the data within the table is gone!

Initial Statistics:

TABLE_NAME INITIAL_EXTENT AVG_ROW_LEN CHAIN_CNT NUM_ROWS AVG_SPACE
--------------- -------------- ----------- ---------- ---------- ----------
TWHINH200750 65536 361 0 46340 739

After reorg:

TABLE_NAME INITIAL_EXTENT AVG_ROW_LEN CHAIN_CNT _ROWS AVG_SPACE
--------------- -------------- ----------- ---------- ---------- ----------
TWHINH200750 65536 0 0 0 0

The R.{tablename} file no longer exists. It dissappeared after the reorg process completed. Please note: there were no errors generated during the reorg process and the process was not interrupted.

Database: Oracle 8.1.7.4
BaaN: Porting set - 7.1d.03 (heavily modified)

Help! Luckily this is a test database/BaaN app, so I lost no production data, but I have planned on doing this in prod very soon.

Thanks for your input
__________________
tuple9i
Sometimes you are the windshield
Sometimes you are the bug

Last edited by tuple9i : 8th December 2005 at 22:17.
Reply With Quote