View Single Post
Old 1st February 2005, 19:53

gaetan_m is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP Ln, Baan ERP, Baan IV, MK - DB: SQL Server, NT, Windows 2000 - OS: UNIX
Is it possible to write directly in Baan tables from an external interface?

Hello everyone,

I have a basic question regarding Baan IV or Baan ERP.

Is there a tool in Baan allowing to write directly in Baan tables, if you are using an external application (ex: web portal or bar code interface) without having to go through the form validations?

My understanding (correct me if I am wrong) is that Baan Openworld (and the Business Object Interfaces (BOI┬┤s) delivers the readable or writeable access to Baan form outside, but can it be used to directly access Baan tables also instead of Baan forms?

And also, if a function server does not exist for a particular session, how complicated is the task to create a new one (customized)? Where can we find the updated list of available function servers on Baan IV and Baan ERP?

And which tool in Baan IV or BaanERP is the best to interface with an HTML application to input data directly in Baan tables without having to use the same identical format than the Baan form (if it exists)? Is Webtop and Baan OpenWorld (using BOI's) only restricted to the format of the Baan form?

Thanks in advance.