Baanboard.com

Baanboard.com (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   WEBUI printing problem (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/showthread.php?t=70111)

rajib.koley 14th June 2017 08:10

WEBUI printing problem

Not able to print any output from any session in WEBUI interface, though same is working without any problem under BECS/BW.
It just says ro0cess complete but without any output on the printer.
Display device is working well without any problem.

andreas.toepper 14th June 2017 09:17

So, if printing on Display is working, you're getting PDFs in LNUI?
What's your printer Setup for non Display devices?

We're using windows server printers, which are working fine.

AFAIK it needs to be server. Normal windows printers do not work, because LNUI can't access a local installed BW client. At least they don't work on our LN 10.5 system when using LNUI. (And LN is giving no error.)

If you want to use local printers installed in Windows of the client pc, you may also check ttaad3108m000.

srprks 14th June 2017 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreas.toepper (Post 203462)
So, if printing on Display is working, you're getting PDFs in LNUI?
What's your printer Setup for non Display devices?

We're using windows server printers, which are working fine.

AFAIK it needs to be server. Normal windows printers do not work, because LNUI can't access a local installed BW client. At least they don't work on our LN 10.5 system when using LNUI. (And LN is giving no error.)

If you want to use local printers installed in Windows of the client pc, you may also check ttaad3108m000.

But in case of windows printer there are no preview option in LN UI. How to get a preview while printing.

Thanks,

vinceco252 14th June 2017 17:03

In my experience, people just use the D device and the PDF created from it as the print preview...

srprks 15th June 2017 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinceco252 (Post 203473)
In my experience, people just use the D device and the PDF created from it as the print preview...

Hi Vincent,

But I am not getting the desired output in case of device "D" or "PDF", as in both of the cases what ever font size I give on field properties,its coming small only.

Thanks

andreas.toepper 16th June 2017 10:21

A windows server printer does not have a preview option. We will use printing to D as preview, too. And yes, it's not formatting the output like it's formatted on the printer output.

My opinion is, Infor is messing the print output up. I do already have an Infor case, due to different output of barcodes. You may want to create your own ticket at Infor support, to let them know, preview printing is messed up.

oirfeodent 19th June 2017 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by srprks (Post 203475)
Hi Vincent,

But I am not getting the desired output in case of device "D" or "PDF", as in both of the cases what ever font size I give on field properties,its coming small only.

Thanks

PDF device has it's own properties file in $BSE/java.
It is customizable per session or universally.

Regards,

joanfuentes 13th November 2017 23:10

Hi andreas.toepper,

Tks for put the case to infor, maybe u have a answer about barcode with Ln UI?

regards

andreas.toepper 14th November 2017 12:07

Did open a ticket. Did receive an answer: it's as it is. So no changes happened. Sorry.

We do have three places where barcodes are created in LN when using LNUI:
- LNUI itself (lnui\web\WEB-INF\lib -> used when creating PDF via D device)
- LN-BSE (LN\bse\java -> used when creating PDF with LN internal PDF printer)
- BWPrint.exe on Print-Server (when using server printers) or on client

First one can be synchronised by copying PDF.properties. BWprint barcode creation is independent from first to places.
I'm thinking of trying to modify PDF.properties so it almost matches BWPrint output, but didn't not work on barcodes yet. (I'm trying to match "normal" output fist; I've somehow learned of a define in the report script to use monospace fonts in created PDFs again: #define monospace)

joanfuentes 14th November 2017 16:40

Thanks andreas.toepper:

So bad infor say that, really its a problem, i tried do your s
suggestions.

If you made it work, please tell me how, thanks a good day.