Baanboard.com

Baanboard.com (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/index.php)
-   Code & Utilities (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Notepad++ support BaanC since version 7.3.2 (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/showthread.php?t=69801)

oirfeodent 24th February 2017 07:28

Notepad++ support BaanC since version 7.3.2

Notepad++ natively supports baan starting version 7.3.2.
The main advantage over using UDL vs native support, will be the usage of API files possible now.

See the release notes https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.3.2.html

Quote:

Notepad++ v7.3.2 new features and bug-fixes:

Fix crash issue on column mode editor.
Fix "Use new style save dialog" setting's regression.
Enhance "Open file" command - open a file from editor zone without selecting its full path.
Fix word char list settings not applying on next launch issue.
Fix block uncomment for line comment bug.
BaanC Language is supported.
Add error notification on run dialog.
Fix the caret position not maintained issue between document move.
Fix caret goes to wrong position after word completion.
Enhance Function List for supporting language.
Add check mark in Language menu.
Fix toolbar not showing issue while launching Notepad++ from system tray in some unknown configuration.
Regards,

jph_tours 17th March 2017 10:43

1 Attachment(s)
If it can help you, the archive includes the API file i wrote, the function to retrieve function definitions from a script and the syntax hilighting.
Put the file baan.api in the directory n++/plugin/API
Put the other files a the root of the installation of NPP.

klesch 22nd March 2017 14:17

The native support does not seem to work for me. I see the BaanC in the list of languages, but the syntax is not highlighted. Highlighting works for other languages, though. Any hints?

oirfeodent 23rd March 2017 05:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by klesch (Post 202366)
The native support does not seem to work for me. I see the BaanC in the list of languages, but the syntax is not highlighted. Highlighting works for other languages, though. Any hints?

Can you post a screen shot of which highlight is not working?

In general, post installation
  • go to Settings --> Style Configurator.
  • Leave theme as the default theme (Only if you have done full installation).
  • Locate BaanC on the "Language :" box.
  • Select KEYWORDS under "Style :" box.
  • Enter all the keywords you want to highlight, in the "User-Defined Keywords" box seperated by a space.
  • Note that the "Default keywords" box, only has the Baan Reserved keywords and BaanSQL reserver keywords.
  • Select FUNCTIONS under "Style :" box.
  • Enter all the functions you want to highlight, in the "User-Defined Keywords" box seperated by a space.
  • Note that the "Default keywords" box, only has seven functions as a sample.

The details for this behaviour is available inside the file "langs.model.xml" or "langs.xml" located in the installation directory of notepad++.

Quote:

Functions (Set your Functions based on Baan version & TIV level. in Settings -> Style Configurator -> BaanC -> Functions -> User Defined Keywords)
Also, note that only two sets of highlighting possible for now, as notepad++ uses an older scintilla; once the scintilla component gets upgraded there should 9 sets of highlighting possible.
You can also frame your files based on the attachments from the post by "jph_tours".

Regards,

klesch 23rd March 2017 10:11

Thank you very much for your reply.

I see BaanC in the menu Language --> B --> BaanC.

But, when I go Settings --> Style Configurator, there is no BaanC within languages.

Snapshot is here

Did I miss anything? I have a full installation of version 7.3.3.

BChary 23rd March 2017 10:25

I had this same issue, try to re-install(uninstall, delete old files, install newest version) notepad++, this solved my problem.

klesch 23rd March 2017 10:54

BChary, thank you. It solved it for me, too.

oirfeodent 23rd March 2017 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by BChary (Post 202379)
I had this same issue, try to re-install(uninstall, delete old files, install newest version) notepad++, this solved my problem.

I think it should be because of how the notepad++ upgrade process works.
After a fresh installation, the following files gets renamed and never gets updated after that... even if there are new changes inside the original <*>.model.xml files.
Quote:

• langs.model.xml --> langs.xml
  • stylers.model.xml --> stylers.xml

If a fresh installation needs to be avoided, the new changes from the <*>.model.xml can be manually synced up to <*>.xml.

Regards,