Baanboard.com

Baanboard.com (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/index.php)
-   AFS/DDC/OLE: Function servers (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   afs process result (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/showthread.php?t=69456)

jojovalenton 17th November 2016 12:02

afs process result

hi,

I just need one help on how can i get the result from tdsls4201s000 process. this is a sales order copy, is there a get command to get the result order number which is the destination order?

thanks,
jojo

mark_h 17th November 2016 13:55

Is it on the form somewhere? I am not familiar with the session myself.

jojovalenton 17th November 2016 14:07

hi mark,
thanks for reply. this session copy from an existing sales order and generate new sales order and then display a report showing source SO and new SO numbers. what i need is how to get the new SO number by using afs?

regards,
jojo

benito 17th November 2016 14:28

if you just need the resulting order number, you can probably create a logic in the report to grab "orno.dest" variable.

jojovalenton 17th November 2016 14:58

hi,
thanks. i will try on this.

regards,
jojo

mark_h 21st November 2016 00:21

As a backup plan the other thing you can do is write the report to a file and read the file.

jojovalenton 22nd November 2016 04:54

hi mark,

thanks. thats exactly what i did but i'm thinking of a possibility of putting get command within the copy afs? have u tried this in any of your afs scripts? maybe i just don't know the right way to do it.

regards,
jojo

manish_patel 22nd November 2016 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojovalenton (Post 199985)
hi mark,

thanks. thats exactly what i did but i'm thinking of a possibility of putting get command within the copy afs? have u tried this in any of your afs scripts? maybe i just don't know the right way to do it.

regards,
jojo

I think Get command will not work for this session as on clicking continue button, end.program executed automatically.

You can try to import "tdsls041.orno" or "tdsls040.pono"

mark_h 22nd November 2016 19:38

In difficult situations I use qkey for the session code. Then I can do things like export and import of variables to get what I need(I use if api.mode then do something). I mean I use the get command on some of the function servers I write to read fields - but if like Manish says the session ends once you save(or continue) and before you execute the get command it will not work. Does it get put in a table you could go read?

below is a quick snippet of code where I create a po and get the po number, but the session stays open in my case. You can also see a quick update that I write directly to a table since putting it on the form did not always work.
Code:

rc = stpapi.save( "tdpur4101m000", msg )
        if(strip$(msg)<>"") then
                msg = sprintf$("Save PO: %s",msg)
                stpapi.end.session( "tdpur4101m000" )
                return(0)
        endif

stpapi.get.field( "tdpur4101m000", "tdpur040.orno", some.field )
        created.po = val(some.field)
| IF buyer did not update correctly update it here.
        stpapi.get.field( "tdpur4101m000", "tdpur040.ccon", some.field )
        buyer = val(some.field)
        if buyer = 0 then
                db.retry.point()
                select        tdpur040.*
                from        tdpur040 for update
                where        tdpur040._index1 = {:created.po}
                as set with 1 rows
                selectdo
                        tdpur040.ccon = po.buyer
                        db.update(ttdpur040,db.retry)
                endselect
                commit.transaction()
        endif

jojovalenton 23rd November 2016 15:27

hi mark,
thanks. this is a nice script but i think it works after saving an afs create po.
regards,
jojo

mark_h 27th November 2016 00:25

That was just an example of a get that I use, showing that if the session stays open you can get form fields after a save. If your session closes before you can execute a get then you have to find another method - be it import/export or reading a table. We do not use the sales module so I don't have sample code for anything using those sessions.

jojovalenton 28th November 2016 05:37

thanks mark for tip.
regards,
jojo