Baanboard.com

Baanboard.com (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/index.php)
-   Code & Utilities (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Baan Printer setting and Font settings in Windows (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/showthread.php?t=55481)

sushil 26th March 2009 14:50

Baan Printer setting and Font settings in Windows

Hi All,

In BW Client - we do have printer font settings problem and local admin rights was not viable.

Here is the Method to do the same without user (normal user) having Local/Domain admin rights

Quote:

Login as admin (only for following steps)
1.On the Start menu, click Run, type mmc, and then click OK.
2.On the File menu, click New to create a new console.
3.On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
4.Then click the Stand-alone tab in the Add/Remove snap-in properties dialog box and click Add.
5.Click Security Templates, click Add
6.Select Security Configuration and Analysis, click Add.
7.Click Close.
8.Click OK.
9.Open Security Templates.
10.Click the + next to Security Templates in the left pane to expand it.
11.Click the + next to C:\WINDOWS\security\templates to expand it.
12.Right Click on C:\WINDOWS\security\templates and then click New Template.
13.In the Template name text box, type the name for your new security template.
It is better to give Template name the as baan
14.Template name: baan.inf
In the Description text box, type a description
In the console tree,
double-click the new security template to display the security areas
and then navigate until the policy setting you want to configure displays in the details pane.
15.Right Click on File System and click Add File (For file/folder permissions.)
16.Select Folder/File to set Permissions and then click OK.
Here I want to give Modify access to User on installation directory
so I am selecting "C:\Program Files\baan".
17.Select Group or Users Name for whom you want set the required access permissions.
Set the required access permissions by checking the check box.
I want to give Modify access to User on installation directory "C:\Program Files\baan".
Click OK to close the dialog.
18.Select Replace existing permission on all subfolders and files with inheritable permissions,
19."%ProgramFile%\baan" is now listed in File System Objects as shown below.
20.Right Click on Registry and click Add Key (For Registry permissions.)
Now select the key to which you want to give permissions
(use HKLM/software/baan)
21.Select Registry entries to set Permissions and then click OK.
22.Select Group or USERName for whom you want set the required access permissions.
Set the required access permissions by checking the check box.
Note: We will overwrite existing permissions, so make sure all permissions are set correctly.
Replace existing permission on all subfolders and files with inheritable permissions
23.Registry Name is now listed in Objects.
24.Now select baan.inf and Right-click on it; select Save.
This process creates a Security template (.inf) file with the security settings.
Security Configuration and Analysis
25.Creating a Security Database
To automate the process of importing security settings on a stand-alone client computer,
you must create a reference database to write to the local security settings.
The baseline database is created with the MMC Security Configuration and Analysis snap-in.
26.The following steps are used to create the Security database (.sdb file).
The database uses the baan.nf file as the template to establish the settings for the stand-alone client computer.
27.Right-click the Security Configuration and Analysis scope item.
Click Open Database.
Navigate to %WindowsFolder%\security\database (C:\Windows\security\database)
Type a new database name (baan.sdb), and then click Open.
28.Select a security template (.inf file) to import.
Navigate to "C:\Windows\security\templates"
Select a security template (baan.inf file) to import, and then click Open.
In the File menu, click Save As to save your MMC console window.
Choose a location and file name and click Save and Yes.
29.Right click on "security configuration and analysis" and then click on "configure computer now"

Note : This could be done at Domain level also - no need to go to each and every PC , just you need the Support of System Admin.

Enjoy...!!

BR,
Sushil Kumar Mudaliar

sushil 26th March 2009 15:04

Please .. Comment..!!

sushil 28th March 2009 05:37

1 Attachment(s)
Or.

Direct place the INF file in domain controller - "C:\WINDOWS\security\templates" and apply to entire domain.

Herewith iam attaching the inf file for your ref.

Hitesh Shah 28th March 2009 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushil (Post 152614)
In BW Client - we do have printer font settings problem and local admin rights was not viable.

Here is the Method to do the same without user (normal user) having Local/Domain admin rights

Note : This could be done at Domain level also - no need to go to each and every PC , just you need the Support of System Admin.

Enjoy...!!

BR,
Sushil Kumar Mudaliar

Looks good . We do require this at times . I think I can try this at that time .

sushil 31st March 2009 13:06

Thanks for the Comment.

NyarlaToTep 3rd September 2009 12:57

Hello,

For security reasons no user can be administrator of her own PC now. I have problems with font configuration so I tried this solution but don't work for me.
I make this at domain level, with a GPO. The users have full access for the baan directory and for the registry entries but it remain the same.
Any idea? Must I give rights in other files/registry entries?

Thanks.

sushil 4th September 2009 19:40

Does GPO has any other restrictions for the user ?

sushil 5th September 2009 10:10

i would recommend that you try it on a standalone PC for normal windows user and then you check for Domain.

if it works on standalone , not on Domain - then check with domain-admin

alternatively - you could give user admin rights and then do the following in GPO
1.remove Control panel
2.restrict execution of %systemroot%\msiexec.exe .
3.Block execution of %systemroot%\regsvr32.exe.
4.remove run from start menu.

all the best.

NyarlaToTep 9th September 2009 09:08

I found the solution. I install a newer Baan client version and now works perfectly. I change the B40c.58 with the B40c.89. Thanks...

lsatenstein 9th September 2013 20:44

we had problems with wide (financial report printing and excel crashing baan client.
for the printing... Update the registry with

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\BarcodeMinAspectRatio]
"EAN"=dword:0000000d
"EAN-8"=dword:0000000d

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Bins]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Bins\LOCAL-PRINT LG]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Bins\LOCAL-PRINT LL]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Bins\LOCAL-PRINT LP]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Bins\LOCAL-PRINT PS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Fonts]
"Font00"="Courier New, height=-288 width=144 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=1"
"Font01"="Courier New, height=-288 width=144 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=1"
"Font02"="Courier New, height=-168 width=84 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=1"
"Font03"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=1"
"Font04"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font05"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font06"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font07"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font08"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font09"="Courier New, height=-120 width=0 weight=400 italic=0, precision=3 clip=2 quality=1 pitchandfamily=49, charset=-1"
"Font10"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font11"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font12"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font13"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font14"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font15"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font16"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font17"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font18"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font19"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font20"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font21"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font22"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font23"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"
"Font24"="Courier New, height=-240 width=120 weight=400 italic=0, precision=0 clip=0 quality=0 pitchandfamily=0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Fonts\LOCAL-PRINT GL]
"Font09"="Courier, height=-120 width=0 weight=400 italic=0, precision=3 clip=2 quality=1 pitchandfamily=49, charset=-1"
"Form"=dword:00000005

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Fonts\LOCAL-PRINT LG]
"Form"=dword:00000005

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Fonts\LOCAL-PRINT LL]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Fonts\LOCAL-PRINT LP]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Fonts\LOCAL-PRINT PS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Position]
"Vertical"="TopMargin=0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Position\LOCAL-PRINT LG]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Position\LOCAL-PRINT LL]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Position\LOCAL-PRINT LP]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Baan\bwprint\Position\LOCAL-PRINT PS]