Baanboard.com

Baanboard.com (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/index.php)
-   Cordys (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Cordys with Informix database (http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/showthread.php?t=15525)

macoxy 1st June 2004 09:27

Cordys with Informix database

Does anyone uses Cordys with informix database???

EdwinvdBorg 2nd June 2004 11:07

Hi Maco,

It would be helpfull to know what version of Cordys you are using?
Do you use BCP 4.1 or perhaps one of the Cordys WCP versions?
Also whether the Cordys Business Application Connector for BAAN is being used as well.

Regards,

Edwin

macoxy 2nd June 2004 11:30

we are using WCP 1.5 with Business Application Connector for BAAN

W Rijsemus 2nd July 2004 11:00

Cordys with Informix

Do you mean Cordys using Informix or Cordys connecting to the Baan backend using Informix?

macoxy 4th July 2004 18:12

I mean cordys connecting directly to informix not via baan!

W Rijsemus 6th July 2004 08:51

Cordys on Informix

Right now Informix is not supported nor officially tested in Cordys. In the fall Cordys expects to fire up discussions on expanding this dimension with more contemporary databases but there is no real guarantee yet.
Cordys WAS placed in the APS magic quadrant by Gartner recently and this will most certainly fire up more of these discussions.

hdruiter 22nd July 2004 10:00

Maco,

I am not technical, but Cordys supports standard database connectivity, such as ODBC and others.

wiemer_kuik 5th August 2004 20:07

informix

Hi,

just set up a dsn on the cordys server that points to the informix database (make it a system dsn).
Then create a new soap node, with an oledb connector. From there choose you dsn.

macoxy 9th August 2004 08:12

Dsn?

what would a DSN be????

macoxy 9th August 2004 08:16

I mean what kind i dont see a informix driver in DSN selection

yogijoost 13th August 2004 11:16

Baan: IVc - DB: informix - OS: UNIX-AX

Hi,

I've had connections up and running with Informix db no problems there :) .
Also have made conections with Baan with Informix as a db (this actually doesn't really make a difference, since you are connecting via the business logic so which db Baan is using doesn't matter).

Cheers,

Yogijoost (Joost)

yogijoost 13th August 2004 11:32

how to

Sorry, forgot to say how to connect to informix.
If you select a application connector type "oledb" you can simply choose Database Vendor Informix and the provider e.g. Ifxoledbc.
....enter you other db properties and you should have a connection with Informix. (i'm using BCP 4.1 but I have done this with earlier versions also)

Cheers,

Yogijoost

macoxy 7th September 2004 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogijoost
Sorry, forgot to say how to connect to informix.
If you select a application connector type "oledb" you can simply choose Database Vendor Informix and the provider e.g. Ifxoledbc.
....enter you other db properties and you should have a connection with Informix. (i'm using BCP 4.1 but I have done this with earlier versions also)

Cheers,

Yogijoost

I did everything you all said i made a system DNS wich works i can connect to informix via Delphi but with cordys i have no succes :( :mad: :( :mad: :confused: :confused: